Guidance Notes - Please read very carefully
If you are experiencing poverty or hardship you may be eligible to apply for a grant from our Welfare Fund to help you buy essential things that will make a positive contribution to your day- to-day well -being. You can apply on your own behalf but you will need to provide a statement or letter of support from a professional person who knows you and your circumstances. A successful award is normally a few hundred pounds in value and may be made in the form of e-vouchers, bank transfer direct to a supplier, or through our own suppliers.
We also welcome applications from referral agencies on behalf of a client.
Anyone may apply as long as they meet the minimum criteria but our experience shows that you are likely to be experiencing poverty because of one or more of these factors.
1. You have a physical or mental health condition or disability
2. You have young children or are caring for a relative
3. You have escaped from a mentally or physically abusive relationship
4. You have been a victim of crime
5. You have suffered a traumatic bereavement.
When completing the application form please let us know as much as possible about your circumstances.
You must meet the minimum criteria below;
We are currently considering applications for;
Our Application Process
We aim to assess your application within 10 working days of receiving it. You will then receive an email which will either;
1. Let you know the outcome of your application.
2. Ask you to provide further information or documentation.
3. Let you know that your application will be considered by our Welfare Committee ( exceptional applications - listed below are always considered by the Welfare Committee and therefore take longer to process)
As we are a small, committed team dealing with a high volume of demand, please contact us via email rather than telephone and be respectful in your communication with us. Please also respond to our requests for further information as promptly as possible.
Awards cannot be made retrospectively so if you make a purchase while your application is in the process of being considered then we are unlikely to reimburse you.
In exceptional circumstances we may consider applications for;
How to apply?
Please fill in the application form below and ensure you have completed everything on the checklist before sending it to us.
You will need to provide;
1. A Statement or Letter from a referrer. This must be an independent person who is professionally involved with you for example a Charity Advice Worker, Social Worker, Housing Officer, Money Advice Worker, CAB Advisor, Health Visitor etc. It should include: a description of your current circumstances, what you are applying for, how they are professionally involved with you and that they support your application. The professional referrer statement or letter can either be pasted into the box provided in the application form or attached as a file at the end.
2. A breakdown of your monthly income and outgoings
3. A Bank Statement which is no more than two months old or your most recent Benefits statement.
4. Medical Evidence from your GP, NHS Consultant or Specialist etc, if it is relevant to your application
You will find the application process is easier if you upload your Referrer Statement, Bank or Benefits Statement and Medical Evidence onto your device before starting the form and have your income and outgoings to hand.
If you are a referrer making an application on behalf of a client, please give your clients name, email and contact details at the start of the application form and your details in the For Referrers section at the end of the application form.
If your application is incomplete we will be unable to process it and it may be rejected.
Thank you for registering for our newsletter.
Please provide valid email address